About Mrs. Umavati Pahurkar Pradhan
Dance is the language that body speaks. Dance is when you express yourself through body movements. Dance is when you lose yourself in the music and enjoy yourself. Dance is beautiful form of art that helps you to express yourself without saying a word. Just like different languages in the world, dance is the devotion for GURU a Star like Mrs.Umavati Pahurkar Pradhan rise on the sky of Indian Dance. Mrs.Umavati pahurkar Pradhan is a name synonymous with kathak in Madhya Pradesh. An exponent of the Jaipur Gharana of Kathak. Umavati was born & brought up in a family which reserved the power of dance. Her mother Mrs.Chhaya Pahurkar recognized talent in their daughter; her parents nurtured her love for Dance right from her infant hood. Umavati received her initial training at the age of 5 in Dance form kathak from Akhil Bhartiya Gandharava Mahavidhyalaya, Mumbai, by her gurus Mrs. Ranjana Thakur, & Mrs. Priyanka Vaidhya. She went to receive her further training from Raja Mansingh Tomar Sangeet and Kala Vishwavidhyalaya Gwalior, by her gurus Mrs.Priya Gokhale, & Mrs. Sapna Namdev.
- Umavati is blessed to have Biswajit Chakraborty as the true mentor and guide for making her career as a Classical Dancer & choreographer. Umavati is highly motivated by Classical Dancer Pt. Birju Maharaj , the great master of indian classical Dance. She is fortunate enough to take direct guidance from Biswajit Chakraborty & being, his disciple, his style is clearly visible in Umavati’s performance.
- Multiple interest and achievements of any artist enriches her original art form. Umavati along with Classical dance has developed interest in instrumental Music , She Started Pakhawaj training by Chitrangna Agle Reswal, & tabla Training by Lt. Pt. Kalidas pant Agle. At the age of 9 she was awarded with gold medal in the field of taekwondo, and she was also awarded with green belt.
- Dance is not a just an art of expression but is also a great workout regime. Dancing knows no boundaries and no genres, a true Dancer is never held back by anything. Umavati has made significant achievements in classical Dance form, Kathak, Folk, Bollywod dance, Aerobic, Salsa, Zumba, etc
- Blessed with highly cultivated dancing , absorbing all the aspects of her Guru’s style with this Umavati’s Passion for Classical Dance & determination to take it to the next generation manifested in the form of opening a dancing Institution “Nrityanandl�? organizing various workshops where with her unique style of teaching created lot of interest and value amongst youth and Kids.
Honours & Achievements
- Received Best Performance Award “Ustad Allauddin Kha Sangeet & Kala Akaadme�? Madhya Pradesh Sanskritic Parishad
- Received Award by Indore Gaurav Shakshanik Vikas Samiti as a best classical dancer.
- Receive Prestigious “ Lt. pt.Vasantrao Smriti Puraskar�? Madhya Pradesh
- Receive Prestigious “ Lt. Pt. Gourikumar Puraskar�? Madhya Pradesh
- Awarded by Shri swami Samarth Group for her amazing contribution & invention in kathak dance.
- Performed in Classical dance in m.p. Simhastha 2015-2016
- Performed Diwali Pahat .